Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Things I Want to Never Forget

At the end of a friend filled Sunday N says to me, "Mom I had the best day with you!"

I think back over her day: busy with friends in the pool, going to a playdate for a few hours and me going on a date with her sister without her. "Honey, we didn't do much together today, why was it so great?"

N, "Remember when we cuddled in your bed this morning?!"

Those 5 minutes of snuggling and love meant more to her than the hours & hours with friends. Being a mom is so cool.

**************

Not sure if I've already shared this, but want it documented somewhere.

I'm taking a shower and N comes running in exclaiming, "Mom, I have to take EVERYTHING out of my toy box NOW!!"

Me, "Why?"

N,"I hear Cheyanne (our cat) stuck in there."

Me, "How did the cat get stuck at the bottom of your toy box?"

N, "I don't know, but I hear her meowing in there!!"

Me, "Give me 5 minutes and I'll come see what's going on."

3 minutes later she returns, "Nevermind, Mom.... she was outside my window meowing."

In the 5 year old's defense, the toy box is next to the window :)

1 comment:

M.r. said...

She'd make me laugh too. Your lucky to have such an affectionate lover on your hands!

Happy Cinderella day dad ...