Friday, September 10, 2010

Butterflies and You Tube... Fascinated by Both

We have 10 additional 'pets' at the moment.
Fortunately, these are on auto pilot and require very little attention from me.

Tom sent his granddaughters live caterpillars. :) For the past week or so, the little guys have been eating their way to their calling. Now all 10 are hanging and beginning the metamorphosis process.

I've done this same observation with classes when I was teaching and I find it absolutely fascinating each and every time. I am however, always somewhat disappointed to see them crawling around and then hours later they seem to have been replaced by unrecognizable chrysalises. HOW DO THEY DO THAT SO QUICKLY?! I would love to just sit and watch how it happens.

That's where You Tube comes in!
Enjoy & Thanks Tom!



1 comment:

michele r said...

Good job Jen I cried too