Today was one of those days when I am proud to be a stay at home mom and why I love the freedom of summer!
It all started innocently enough with finally deciding to mop the floor. I asked the girls to move the 6 chairs from around the table and put them out of the way on the living room rug. This evolved into arranging them in a line with a "driver" and passengers. A train was born!
N soon took it to another level and started making "tickets" for the impending train ride. After lots of cutting and working, she asked for an unused shoe box. I relished in the fact I had listened to the little voice in my head and had put 2 such boxes on a shelf in the garage instead of tossing them. She worked on wrapping them in butcher paper, decorating and producing a box to collect the tickets. I helped by copying a graphic of a train from Google (iphone plug!)
V was apparently inspired by what N was doing and grabbed the leftover paper and a few markers. She returned 10 minutes later with a detailed route map, passenger guidelines and a name for the train.
Since Val had posted snacks and drinks would be served, N raided the pantry and completed the look with personalized napkins. I added the portable microphone as an engineer's PA system and someone found a wooden whistle.
Nat was so excited. All she needed was live passengers. Soon she had Mom, Lauren, Val, our cat and neighbor. She climbed aboard, V was in charge of the PA and we were off!
It all started innocently enough with finally deciding to mop the floor. I asked the girls to move the 6 chairs from around the table and put them out of the way on the living room rug. This evolved into arranging them in a line with a "driver" and passengers. A train was born!
N soon took it to another level and started making "tickets" for the impending train ride. After lots of cutting and working, she asked for an unused shoe box. I relished in the fact I had listened to the little voice in my head and had put 2 such boxes on a shelf in the garage instead of tossing them. She worked on wrapping them in butcher paper, decorating and producing a box to collect the tickets. I helped by copying a graphic of a train from Google (iphone plug!)
V was apparently inspired by what N was doing and grabbed the leftover paper and a few markers. She returned 10 minutes later with a detailed route map, passenger guidelines and a name for the train.
Since Val had posted snacks and drinks would be served, N raided the pantry and completed the look with personalized napkins. I added the portable microphone as an engineer's PA system and someone found a wooden whistle.
Nat was so excited. All she needed was live passengers. Soon she had Mom, Lauren, Val, our cat and neighbor. She climbed aboard, V was in charge of the PA and we were off!
Wonder what cleaning the windows might inspire tomorrow?!




No comments:
Post a Comment