Monday, June 21, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

N, "Mom, are you and dad secret agents when I'm asleep?"
Me, "If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret!"


V, "Wow Mom, you are in a really good mood today."
Me, "Really? I notice I'm in a better mood when I have a cup of coffee in the morning." V, "You should drink a cup of coffee EVERY morning!"


I've started a new behavior plan with the girls to help eliminate the whines and cattiness between them. They earn pebbles for good behavior and attitudes to fill a jar which equals a reward (it's working like a charm!!) Upon explaining the system N asked me, "Can I earn pebbles for saying funny things and making you laugh?"


N was balancing some toys on her extended arm and I joked to her, "Nat, if you keep practicing we can sign you up & you can work for the circus!" She responds, "Or Red Lobster." Me, "What, why Red Lobster?" Her, "The workers at Red Lobster balance plates on their arms!"


The girls did great at their 2nd swim meet taking 5 or 6 seconds off their previous times. I was told them, "wow, you did much better and really you haven't practiced much since we were away at the beach and you've had VBS and missed a lot of practices." N responds, "Guess we don't really have to practice at all huh mom?!"

No comments: